just a picture and updates of my flock :)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Stephanie739, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    I just love the way they look pecking around in the green grass, all sizes, colors, ages...its so peaceful.

I have been adding babies, new hens, cockerels...no problems so far! There are even a couple of days old babies in this mix, following the mom. I do have a few older roosters outside the main enclosure, kind of free ranging because they were getting too rough on the girls.

I have noticed how my cochin bantam roos seem to court the new girls, very gentlemanly while some other roosters chase them like bullets lol but to be fair the cochins roos have also showed their bullet like persistence with my older girls.

Anyway, just loving my birds...my buff brahma (a fantastic mom, seen in photo) brings the babies to me for treats, and they are beginning to eat out of my hand and lose their skittishness.

I have 2 other beagle mix dogs. They all look after the chicks.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Hoard of chickies (except that strange looking fellow in the front-left)! [​IMG]

3. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Those are some gorgeous mobile lawn ornaments!

4. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Thanks for looking at my chickies! :)

5. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Soo nice to see them all getting along, you feel like a proud mummy-hen when you watch them, i know you do! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by