Just Added Chickens to Our Farm

ThePonyDraw

Hatching
Feb 20, 2015
Hello all!

My name is Jennifer and with my husband Neal we maintain our small homestead farm, The Pony Draw, in the Sandhills of North Carolina. We've been on the farm for almost three years now. We both grew up on small homestead farms and are excited to finally have the opportunity to have our own. Last year we got our family produce garden in and spent the winter clearing land to enlarge that so we can begin selling our produce at local farmers markets. Yesterday we added our first flock of chicks to the mix. Twenty four Barred Rocks (pullets) and six Rhode Island Reds (unsexed). I grew up with a small flock of Black Austrolorps, but it was many years ago so I'm having to refresh my knowledge. My husband is new to chickens, but VERY excited - he's the one who bought this flock yesterday.

I found this site while looking for information on one of our chicks that seems to be having problems and I'm hopeful I find something in the threads here. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks in advance for all the insight!

Jennifer - The Pony Draw

Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you. Glad you joined the flock. What type of problem are you having with your chick? We probably can handle it here unless it is complicated , then we would tell you to post on the "emergencies," thread.

Welcome to BYC and back to chickens! Nice to have you join us!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear you have a problem with one of your chicks. I'm sure you will get plenty of help if you could post what the problem is with it.

Wishing you the very best of luck and hope you enjoy BYC, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow:frow

Greetings! Welcome to BYC! Feel free to browse around the site. It is a great resources and I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome! After spending today reading through the forums I know that my little problem chick has wry neck. I picked up some Vit E on my way home from work as well as some B12. Couldn't find any Polyisol which was another recommendation I saw. Trying to learn how to administer the Vit E now. This site as been so helpful in such a short amount of time!

Back
Top Bottom