Just another BYC owner

deirduck

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens but have had friends and family with chickens for a while. I got my chicks back in April.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 4 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

There are 2 black sex link and 2 gold sex link.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They are growing some very distinct personalities and I also like that it's starting to teach my kids a little responsibility.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a nursing student, so I suppose my other hobbies include studying, sleeping, keeping the house, and raising my 2 children.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have been married for about 8 years and have a 4-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy. I also have a 10-year-old papillon who thinks the chickens are attention-thieves. I know a lot of people rushed out to get chickens during the pandemic, but I had been planning on getting chicks for the last year, and me doing classes online due to quarantine was what helped pull the trigger. I'm here for the long-haul with these birds.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

BYC popped up consistently whenever I had questions about chickens that I typed into Google. I'm always browsing forums, so I figured I'd finally join.

Back
Top Bottom