1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just bought another incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TriciaHowe, Mar 17, 2009.

1. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    [​IMG]
    So this makes 3.
    I am going to use this one exclusively as my hatcher though as I like to stagger my hatches and it has been a real PITA with what I have. I got another 1588 off of ebay. They emailed me a 10% off coupon for paypal so I got it for $117 including shipping.
    [​IMG]
    I am pretty sure that I have my Brinsea sold so this will more than make up for it. Just waiting for the ducks to hatch out of it now. Then it can go to its new happy home [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    1588 is a hovabator??

If yes why on earth would you sale a brinesea to get a styrabator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    I'd like to hear the answer to that question as well. ????

4. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    Happy to answer that!
    It doesn't hold enough! [​IMG]
    I also think the fan blows to strong and dries out my eggs to fast when they are zipping no matter the humidity. I don't hatch in it at all anymore because of this. I have had much better luck with my hova-bator 1588 believe it or not. I don't like to sell it but it helps to pay for the addiction. I can only fit 18 duck eggs in it. I did think about keeping it as an overflow incubator, but I don't think I will. I don't have the cradle for it so I have to hand turn everything in it or lean it but then it shifts my hygrometer all around. I do like that I can put the bottom in the dishwasher after my hatches (without dishes of course).

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok that makes sense [​IMG]I was distruat there for a min, I would give my left arm for brinesea, seeing that one on sale for 99 bucks is killing me but its my sons birthday on the 11th and I cant spend any money on my addiction till after.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  6. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Tricia,

Is your brinsea up for sale somewhere? I may be interested.

Congrats on your new one!

Nancy

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Congratulations! I just got a 1588 off craigslist for $50. I have already bleached it and scrubbed it out and have plugged it in and am waiting for it to stabilize before transferring my goose eggs into it. I hear they like circulated air... anything for the geeses... I got a dozen eggs just to up my odds of hatching one, now i have faint hopes I may do well with more than a few hatching... Wish me luck..

8. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    Quote:Ack! What a steal! I got my 1st incubator about 4 years ago at a local auction - a hovabator still air WITH the turner for $10! Hatched my 1st eggs out of it and it worked great, didn't even have to replace the wafer in it. I just gave it to Bloominbeauty (Barbara) on here when her incubator/fridge fried her last batch of eggs. It was just collecting dust in the shed so she is going to put it back to work [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by