Just Candled...

chickenlover2251

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
We are trying to hatch Crele Oegb and Birchen Oegb. We had 14 Crele eggs and only 2 are for sure alive. This is day 6 for them. We had 12 Birchen eggs and only 6 are for sure alive and they are on day 4. How many more can we expect to lose? We threw away 8 eggs that had bacteria bubbles and no babies (we didn't want them to explode). I really want atleast 1 hen
fl.gif

Quote:
You didn't take them out did you? What are bacteria bubbles at day 6 and day 4 its not always clear to tell if they are growing or not.

I took them out because I didn't see an embryo or veins and when I turned the eggs bubbles floated around. I also had many eggs that looked speckled and were hard to tell whether they were alive or not, but I left those in there. I also forgot to mention that these were shipped eggs. I hope I didn't do anything wrong by throwing the bacteria looking ones out?
hmm.png

I usually wait until day 10 to throw out clear eggs, just in case. Sometimes you get a surprise, but usually not and they are really clear. I think the air bubbles were probably the air cell that had been broken in shipping, but not sure, I've never seen bubbles before. I've heard that you can see it broken when you candle the egg though.

Back
Top Bottom