***UPDATE*** Candled my eggs this morning, all of them are fertile and have heartbeats! I will post candling pictures when I can. And did you guys know, that in my country, in the old days, farmers would sell baby chicks in front of toy stores for kids to buy!
Did you know that in our Country years ago gas stations would give away colored baby chicks at Easter Time for every fill up of Gasoline! Our Dad would let us have them and as soon as they were old enough he would EAT THEM!!!! I was way too young to remember him doing that but my older sisters never forgot it.

***UPDATE ON MY EGGS*** Didn't pip at all, candled them a few days later and they were not alive. I kept the incubator humid and everything but it still killed my chicks 😥 go to Page 2 to see the candling pictures on Day 12. I've had several failed hatches in the past using this incubator. Last year in November, I hatched chicks using this incubator, but they died a little while after hatching. I think I'll have to get a new incubator; anyone know any good incubators I can use for my next batch, like the Brinsea Mini II Eco Manual incubator for 10 eggs?

Last edited:
Did you know that in our Country years ago gas stations would give away colored baby chicks at Easter Time for every fill up of Gasoline! Our Dad would let us have them and as soon as they were old enough he would EAT THEM!!!! I was way too young to remember him doing that but my older sisters never forgot it.
Well when my mom was little she bought 3 chicks home but they never made it to adulthood 😥 also did you know that in South Korea, they sell fertilized chicken eggs at the grocery store? That's where I get my eggs from but I always have to check the laid date so that I have a higher chance of hatching chicks.

Last edited:
***UPDATE ON MY EGGS*** Didn't pip at all, candled them a few days later and they were not alive. I kept the incubator humid and everything but it still killed my chicks 😥 go to Page 2 to see the candling pictures on Day 12. I've had several failed hatches in the past using this incubator. Last year in November, I hatched chicks using this incubator,Sobut they died a little while after hatching. I think I'll have to get a new incubator; anyone know any good incubators I can use for my next batch, like the Brinsea Mini II Eco Manual incubator for 10 eggs?

So sorry to hear that your eggs did not make it. I don't think mine will either. I am not even sure if they are fertilized yet but I doubt if they are. My incubator is a cheap one that I found online that they don't even sell anymore so I was lucky I got three to hatch out last year with it. Good luck in finding a good one.

Thank you. You can go to Page 2 to see my candling pictures on Day 12
You are most welcome and they had looked soooooo good!!! So sorry that they did not make it. I am wondering when to candle my duck eggs. So far I have left them alone but I am getting tired of sitting on my hands as I know that there is a good chance they are not even fertile. It will be a week tomorrow and I want to check them so badly but so many people claim you can candle too much so I have not.

Back
Top Bottom