Just curious who else is living super frugal

.... " a greatful and thankful heart is the secret to true peace and happiness" is developed in the darkest hours. I rather like how I feel when I say "thank you" for a pretty blossom, or for the buzzing bee. :love
I believe this also. I think my contentment comes from knowing thing could be worse, because I've been through worse. Humility is worth more than diamonds and gold, and is a gift from God.

buying live plants actually dormant types is no longer a discount when they dont grow because they are not kept .....dormant.

I stopped at a tractor supply, and all the cane fruits look dead. A couple years based on their advice I bought one of these dead looking plants and yes, it was D.E.A.D.During A visit to the store yesterday, I saw a display full of dead cane fruit . The potatos were sprouting though.

WHy does anyone think the lighting is adequate in a store, and they are not watered.

Earilier this season I CAREFULLY selected two fruit tree for a similar display at a discount place. About $17 each..... not a great price. Most looked dried and dead. Picked out two with green cambium under the bark. Within a couple days the bark started to shrivel. Planted it quickly. Sprounted at the base, just above the graft.

this dicsount was not a frugal buy.

Stark is having a sale on a few trees in the 10-15$ range. THAT is a bargain.

buying live plants actually dormant types is no longer a discount when they dont grow because they are not kept .....dormant.

I stopped at a tractor supply, and all the cane fruits look dead. A couple years based on their advice I bought one of these dead looking plants and yes, it was D.E.A.D.During A visit to the store yesterday, I saw a display full of dead cane fruit . The potatos were sprouting though.

WHy does anyone think the lighting is adequate in a store, and they are not watered.

Earilier this season I CAREFULLY selected two fruit tree for a similar display at a discount place. About $17 each..... not a great price. Most looked dried and dead. Picked out two with green cambium under the bark. Within a couple days the bark started to shrivel. Planted it quickly. Sprounted at the base, just above the graft.

this dicsount was not a frugal buy.

Stark is having a sale on a few trees in the 10-15$ range. THAT is a bargain.
I buy all my fruit trees from Stark brothers. Never lost any.

Putting in fruit trees, selecting those on sale. Bought black berries, buying 6 dropped the price per plant. Strawbwerries pay for themselves in one season if planting day neutral types.

Buying better qualiity meats, butter and fruit/veg. More often organic or grassfed.
Bought blackberries and raspberries from Lowes last year.....very cheaply on sale. Some from the reject section. All growing well and producing some this year.

Wonderful idea. My hubby likes them fresh in a salad, but can't tolerate them cooked. However, he has noted that when I put mushrooms in a sauce or soup that the flavor is more robust. So, now... not complaining about their presence, simply pushes them aside, and occasionally hands his plate over so I can add them to my plate. Same with garlic. Doesn't like the smell of it cooking, but likes the finished product. I think a lot of taste preferences go back to the way folks were raised. Growing up without having a huge array of spices, veggies, and varied menu in the diet often results in a picky adult.
Not a huge garlic fan myself but love onions.... Getting ready to pick wild leeks and morels this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom