Just curious who else is living super frugal

Quote:
A gossipy little bird told them?
D.gif

Oooh! That's how.
gig.gif

Quote:
I do the same thing. I get a lot of samples or coupons to get a free item. I haven't bought toothpaste and lotion in about 3 years because I have that many samples and coupons for a free product.

Quote:
I do the same thing. I get a lot of samples or coupons to get a free item. I haven't bought toothpaste and lotion in about 3 years because I have that many samples and coupons for a free product.

See I need to learn this stuff.

Quote:

Just be careful what you sign up for...I signed up with swagbucks and another coupon one as well...now I am getting 3-4 sales call each day and my spam box has tripled. One guy who called me late last night said I had to contact my phone provider to be able to get off his list...yeah right. I have had a week of this...plus a call not 2 seconds after I hit the enter button after doing one of their short health surveys
(supposedly so they can send you the right coupons) They wanted to hear all about my diabeties .....which I don't have.
he.gif

Quote:

Just be careful what you sign up for...I signed up with swagbucks and another coupon one as well...now I am getting 3-4 sales call each day and my spam box has tripled. One guy who called me late last night said I had to contact my phone provider to be able to get off his list...yeah right. I have had a week of this...plus a call not 2 seconds after I hit the enter button after doing one of their short health surveys
(supposedly so they can send you the right coupons) They wanted to hear all about my diabeties .....which I don't have.
he.gif

Well, I don't EVER use my phone number. I use an old, old cell phone number that I had about 10 years ago. I have never received any calls from anyone EVER. I didn't think people actually used their real phone numbers. I also don't use my primary email address. I have a special email address that I use to receive coupons etc. Now that I think about it, I don't even use my real name. I use an ALIAS.

I thought about all of this before I started signing up for these things. I already knew the consequences.

These rainy days have helped me to de-clutter my home even more.
big_smile.png
My house isn't cluttered, but I can't believe the amount of stuff that I'm able to donate to a local church.

Cleaned out my oldest DD's room. She has a hard time keeping up with it. Cleaned out many toys that she would not even miss (going to donate), moved some downstairs to the play area, and only kept a dollhouse, some Barbies, her keyboard, and two dolls in her room. She is an avid reader. We moved her books downstairs and shelved them. She can "check some out," but before she can check more out, she has to return the previous books she'd checked out. She likes it because it's like going to the library.
smile.png
I love bedrooms to look like bedrooms and not like a toy explosion happened. : ) Keep it simple in there and she's able to stay on top of it.

Went through items in the garage that we don't use. Going through my closet and laundry room shelving. Finding all sorts of good things to donate.

Homemade Christmas projects/gifts are going well!

Last edited:
Frugal living is a challenge that is kind of exciting (= we have Aldi here in town and when I'm not couponing, I shop there. I love the quality that they offer! For those trying to reduce debt, we have done a rapid debt reduction plan with this calculator you can download for excel : http://www.mdmproofing.com/iym/products/debt-snowball/

Seeing
the process and end results is encouraging! We have it posted on our fridge so we aren't tempted to quit!

Quote:

he.gif

swagbucks has never called me and I have earned over 500 dollars there and I have a google crome number I use for that stuff. it is free and you can even really use it on your computer to save on a phone bill LOL

Back
Top Bottom