Just curious who else is living super frugal

I've been shopping at resale stores and goodwill for years. I hate to pay full price if I don't have to and nobody even knows its used if you don't tell them. I've been working on the monthly grocery store trips too. I used coupons to build up a little stockpile of food and bathroom supplies. I'll never understand how some coupon users manage to get free stuff but I still managed to save a lot of money.  Right now I go to the grocery store about every 3 weeks but I still buy bread and milk weekly. The biggest problem was the meat. Its so expensive but if you hit enough BOGO sales you finally fill the freezer. Get a vacuum sealer. You get better prices per lb if you buy the family size.  I also keep the stockpile in a locked closet and only get out what we need for the week. If I don't the horde of teenagers running in and out of our house eats it all up in just a few days. I'm working on being more self sufficient too. I have chickens for eggs and meat. I will be setting up two beehives in April and I can't wait to get the garden in the ground. Its going to get pretty hectic because I usually work 6 days a week but it keeps me off the couch and out of the grocery store. I think everybody should learn to stretch their dollars. 

Goodwill has some of the best deals !!!!! I found some VERY nice blue jean shirts and blue jean jacket for little of nothing there. :D I also use coupons. GOtta love coupons!

I don't really use coupons. Canada isn't into coupons as much as the states is, plus it's mostly for things I don't use anyway.

Is anyone ding anything special for christmas? I started making my christmas gifts last year. I can a lot of things, so I make hampers up as gifts :)

Picked up a few pineapple that were marked down to $1.00. I bought 7 of them. I had been wanting fresh pinapple for months but didn't want to pay $2.98 for one. My patience paid off. :D

Just catching up on reading here.... You know you can root those Pineapple tops, put them in a pot in a sunny window, and grow your own pineapples!! Check out YouTube, Growing Pineapples. Kinda cool!

Just catching up on reading here.... You know you can root those Pineapple tops, put them in a pot in a sunny window, and grow your own pineapples!! Check out YouTube, Growing Pineapples. Kinda cool!
my muscovy ducks would have loved you with all that yummy pineapple

BACK WHEN.

who does not want to think they can provide for there family when things get bad .. living frugel is not just for the poor ya know .. every one would like to think .. they could provide for there folks if there was hard times ..

wise folks are finding out bigger animals may not be the answer they take up to much room and eat way to much grasses and such +++++++++++ but smaller animals like cickens and ducks can keep a faimly in eggs and other good proteins when things get bad..

BACK WHEN.

who does not want to think they can provide for there family when things get bad .. living frugel is not just for the poor ya know .. every one would like to think .. they could provide for there folks if there was hard times ..

wise folks are finding out bigger animals may not be the answer they take up to much room and eat way to much grasses and such +++++++++++ but smaller animals like cickens and ducks can keep a faimly in eggs and other good proteins when things get bad..

we now have a pair of turkeys
a dozen muscovy ducks
& about 3 dozen orpingtons which are great on the table

BACK WHEN.

I agree with what you are saying, the large animal tend to be a luxury. However, in the right circumstance, a multi-purpose "big" animal may be practical. For example, I was looking into getting a Milking Devon - which is a decent producer of milk and meat, but is also a draft animal. Having an ox to help plow a field or pull a wagon may come in handy - if you have the pasture for them. In Wisconsin, a five acre pasture properly managed could support a cow, but here in Wyoming, I wouldn't put a cow on less than 40 acres. The land just won't support it.

Merry Christmas and Yuletide Blessings to all. Haven't had much chance to post lately due to work and the coops keeping me busy, but I did get a chance to get out early this morning to try my luck at putting some venison in the freezer, no luck yet. It started to snow on me so I needed to head back in since I hunt with a longbow instead of a rifle and didn't need to risk the string getting damaged. Going out again a bit later for another attempt.

Back
Top Bottom