Just curious who else is living super frugal

I gotta tell you that you need to go back and read old threads. I have been following this site for a while but had not read past about 35 pages in the beginning. I went back today and found post 480. It gives several websites but one really had me going. I'm not going to do the solar oven but recipes and ideas are outstanding
thumbsup.gif

http://everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

Have already tried it... I had the post saved in my phone but had to clear the cache so I lost it. :( I can find it with the fels, washing soda, baking soda, and borax, but not the zote, which is a different size than the fels. I may have to experiment some.

From what I understood, they were interchangable. Fels and zote. Maybe try different youtube videos to see their ingredients.

Quote:
Yes, Mickey, it can be used in HE washers--that's what I have. I will try to drop a Word document into this reply with 2 recipes. Well that didn't work! Here's the Powder recipe. Will post the liquid recipe separately.
Powdered Soap recipe
Each batch yields approximately 32 ounces (between 32-64 loads based on how many Tbsp used per load).
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results! I USED MY FOOD PROCESSOR TO GRATE & MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER. A BLENDER WOULD WORK WELL TOO.
High Efficiency (HE) Washers
HE front-load washers require “special soap” for one reason alone – low suds. Because they use less water, they require soap that is less sudsy. The good news is, this homemade detergent is VERY low suds. The ”special” HE detergent is just another advertising mechanism to push consumers to buy “special soap” for unnecessarily high prices.
Regardless of your washer type, just make your own in confidence.
Safe for septic tanks and fields
This is the best laundry soap to use with septic tanks because it contains zero phosphates and zero fillers (like montmorillonite clay) that cause commercial powder detergents to clog lines. It is also completely non-toxic so it will not harm necessary septic bacteria like toxic detergents and antibacterial soaps. Use with confidence.
Detergent directions (1 tablespoon of detergent per load 2 for heavily soiled load)

I’ve been using the powdered one lately because it’s easier to make than the liquid. But I found a liquid recipe that you can make 1 gallon at a time rather than the 5 gallon one I had been using. We’ve been using this homemade stuff for over a year maybe even 2 years and it works well. You won’t notice a lot of suds or a fragrance with either of these recipes. You can put a few drops of essential oils (which you can find online or at a health food store)you’d like a fragrance but I don’t bother.

Is this the post you are looking for?

From what I understood, they were interchangable.   Fels and zote.    Maybe try different youtube videos to see their ingredients. 

They basically are. The difference is my fels are each 5.5ozs whereas the zote is 14.1. Since it's my first batch {I know, I know, lol} I am not entirely sure how well they interchange with a 3.1 oz difference. I went ahead and took a stab at it, but made a small batch. I'll use the fels next. I'm half tempted to mix the two together..... anyone tried it? :D

Can you use goat mild to make butter? If so is it as good as cows butter?

Yes you can and its better than cow butter, as far as I'm concerned. You almost heed a cream separator to make the butter efficiently but we used to put the milk in shallow pans in the frig., then skimmed the cream the next day. The butter is white which is fine with me...If that bothers you, yellow cheese dye is cheap.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom