Just curious who else is living super frugal

Agree with the net idea. I thought the same thing. Salt water before or after cleaning? Why? :)
You rest them in salt water in teh fridge after cleaning for a day or so for two reasons: To let rigor mortis pass, thereby making for more tender meat, and the salt helps draw the blood out. They wouldnt' look so purple then.

I think them city slickers didn't eat no pigeon at all! I THINK they ate a STUNT PIGEON (see: quail)!
rant.gif

Last edited:
My grandson just did a report for school on doves. Doves are in the pigeon family. Kinda like Giant Jerseys and Silkies are both chickens
big_smile.png

Nah, quail are a lot smaller than that thing hehe. I raised them for a while. They're too stinky for me.
All I was referring to is what they ACTUALLY ATE ! I know the rest of the tape showed a pigeon but I just don't believe any real New Yorker would actually put a piece of "diseased rat with wings" in their mouths (their words, not mine)! I think there was some fancy-schmancy plate switching before them Model wanna-bes dug in without a moments hesitation. A little TOO eager methinks.

I used to hunt doves, There are only about 4 good bites to them, but oh those are good bites! I cooked them on a little countertop rotisserie and man they tasted like butter. Plucked them, didn't use no Madison Ave. skinnin' knife. (Yeah, Lydia and I are still cracking up over that!)

~S

Back
Top Bottom