Just curious? Who names all their chickens and who doesn't?

Yep I name em, lets see the SS are Uno, Emerald, Lucy, Hailey, Percy, Sweetpea and one Fav/SS Bailey.
Cochins are Stormy, Violet, Reba, Penny,
Cochin mixes are Colleen, Ladybird, Hazel, Henrietta, Betty, Onyx, Martha
EEs are Sugar, Lacy, BB, Zoey, Rose, Honey, Andi.
Cuckoo Marans are Marta Loo, Maggie May, Margie Sue.
White Leghorn Blossom AKA Momma her daughters are Stella and Mabel their Daddy is Zues BBS Orp. and then there are Belle and Barbie their Daddy is a Cuckoo Maran.
BSL- Mini
GSL- Dumplin
BA -Emma
SLW- Silvia
Then there are the Silkies, Diamond, Showboad, Ivory, Sugar plum, Peawee, Sadie, Hannah. Henna, Ebony, Lilly.
Silkie Youngsters are Truffles. Mimi, Gidget, Kaluah, Ameretto
Silkie/Fav youngsters are Misty,Bunny,Piper,Raine,

Roosters are Top Man=Zues BBS Orpington
second in command = Oliver Salmon Fav.

Mouth = Black Silkie (never shuts ups)LOL
Roofus and Doofus the twin Red Silkies Roos
Rally =Salmon Fav
Sal Fav/Silkie boys are Ottis, Blackbeard, Milo
I think thats it for now, 3 of my Silkie babies are moving to their new home come saturday.

Oh and I said that I wouldn't name the meat birds but did it anyway. LOL Babies Huey and Louie.

I name all mine and if they are going to go for meat - I would get creative.

Stir-fry, Chow mein, Drum stick of course if they are just for eggs Omlet???

Oesdog
wink.png
- only kidding of course my girls are all named !!!!!!

Any animal we've ever had, we named. The majority of the chickens we've had were named after celebrities and fictional characters from movies etc.. The hen and rooster we have now are named Heidi and Seal, after the super model Heidi Klum and her singer husband Seal.

I have a couple of names picked out for the next two particular breeds of hens I want, and as far as if we bought or hatched a batch of chicks, I would have a list of names compiled but just wait until the chicks were older to stick them on them, due to sexing and distinguishing their individual personalities. I have in mind a combination of fictional characters and just old fashioned names, rather than celebrities this time.

I named all my 11 chicks. Well, I named most of them, but my faily helped me.
Bubba
Spook
Doodle
Ginger
Jazz
Ebony
Pumpkin
Winter
Licorcie
Pecky
Wasabi

Yes, my chickens all have names. That is the granddaughter's idea, not mine.

I did name Lucy, with her crooked comb she was easy to identify and always underfoot. Then I named Lacy whose comb looks like interlocked fingers and who is close behind Lucy when I turn around. Granddaughter wanted all of them named so Inga and Hilda the twins with twisty combs were named. Henrietta became the name of the last Australorp. To me she's just "the other one" who's not Lacy, Lucy, Inga, or Hilda.
Naming the Lt. Brahmas is tougher. They all have a name, but I don't know which name goes with which hen since the food coloring wore off. LOL There is Freckles, Brook, Clarise, Lil, and Ringo.
The Count of Monte Cristo is called Monte for short. He is a beautiful, hardworking Australorp rooster who helps me take good care of the "girls".

I only name the ones that have very prominant personalities. When I first got my 4 hens, they were named Reba, Goldie, and the Baldie Twins. Unfortunately Reba died but I still call Goldie by her name. As for my two RIR that were previously known as the Baldie Twins- they have many names such as Stupid, Freakout, Psycho, Meanie, and a few names I probably shouldn't mention
hide.gif
. Let's just say my RIR's aren't very nice or friendly!

Back
Top Bottom