Just curious? Who names all their chickens and who doesn't?

Of Course they have names
smile.png
Henny Penny, Fluffy and Chicken Run
wink.png
Ask me next week when we have 15 new ones. Naming may have to wait
smile.png

Oh my goodness. I have only been raising chickens since Feb 2011, but I am all ate up with it. We won't even talk about the money on the new coop and run LOL:lau So you know as a newbie I have named all of mine
love.gif
But your right, it will make it harder if I lose one. But I am so proud of them and I love BYC. It has been so much fun now that I am retired. Plus the Granddaughters call them by name. You know little girls give everything a name. I guess if I was in a business I would not. I just thought I never need to be at the supper table and my husband accidently say, "Ole Mac the rooster sure does taste good tonight" in front of the girls LOL We just callsupper chicken Tyson chicken.......

I have 8 Rhode Island Reds that look so much a like that I'm having a hard time keeping track of which is which except when I notice something about them or their manners that makes them stand out from the rest... We have Fancy, Bossy, Blondy and Poppy... the other 4 currently are just 'the girls'...

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, that can be a hard one. We have a mixed flock so its easy to tell them all apart except we have 2 Speckled Sussex so they are named Cluckles 1 and Cluckles 2 (or the Cluckles when in a group). My dad names all of his dogs (he only has one at a time) Echo. Now that I am older I am seeing the wisdom in not having to remember too many names
lol.png

Last edited:
If I had birds for meat I wouldn't name them. However, I have a backyard mini-flock of six girls so yes, they have names. There's Mabel, Maude, Ethel, Dorothy, Gertrude and Harriet. There would be an Edna but she's yet to be located. If you are around SoCal and have a six week Ameraucana you want to part with, shazaam, that's Edna!

Quote:
I've got a Hennrietta and a Goldie too... and Big Red, Marey, Whitey, Blue, Dottie, Roger and Penny. And 6 RIRs who remain unnamed, They have colored leg-bands.

Back
Top Bottom