Just curious? Who names all their chickens and who doesn't?

We've named ours. Even though some of them I'm not sure of the sex.

2 Rhode Island Reds - Henny & Penny
2 Leghorns - Hansel & Gretel
Araucana - Lily
Turken - Turk
Mille Fleur bantam - Millie
Unknown (Maybe a leghorn) - Bob
2 Barred Rocks - Thelma & Louise
Buff Brahma - Cherry
Buff Orpington - Nugget

Its more fun to name them....at least for now.
wink.png

Andrea

We do! But we only have 4 so it's not hard!

We have two red sex links and two white leghorns...

The sex links are named Mrs. Waddles and Stella... The leghorns are Phyllis and "No Me Quite Pas" - Which is French for "Don't Leave Me".

mine are all named...problem is Rhonda and Rhoda look exactly alike and Red and Rusty look exactly alike
roll.png

the other two are Rita and Rudie.

Last edited:
Everyone of my chicks had a name by the end if their first day with me, Edith, Harriet, Frida, Eunice, Mildred, Barb, Bertha, Flora, Francis, Victoria, Kathryn, Lucy, Eliza and the Rooster Henry who was at first Henrietta. The Crestsed duck is Maud, and the geese are Fred and Ethel. the Guineas were Henry, Anne, Anne. if henry the 8th married more than 1 anne so could the henry the guinea.

Quote:
They do come when called and obey simple commands most of the time. I have one bantam that when told it is bedtime will go from his run to the barn, about 20 feet, complaining the ENTIRE way but goes where I want him.

I have 40 and all have a name as well as using general calls chick-chick(yummy), coop-coop(used for early bedtime, danger), babies!(I want to cuddle a chicken).

Most of ours are named. We have one group of 14 that are all named after women's names in songs. And then we have a younger group of 6 that 3 of them have names.

Back
Top Bottom