1. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Would you be embarrassed to post pictures of this? It is half of the inside of my dog kennel. The other half is the "run." I posted a picture of my little ones roosting with the big chicks (who are only in at night) and realized it looked so junky. I thought about deleting it because I was embarrassed. If you have suggestions, for improvement I am open to them. I'm very financially challenged [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. claudicles

claudicles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Try replacing the word "junky" with thrifty, rustic, budget conscious, economical.... the list goes on. Chooks aren't as fussy as people and I am sure they are happier in the large recycled space you have given them than they might be in whatever small new run you could build.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think it's fine.....Hmmm, that white table cloth (or curtain) won't be white much longer though! [​IMG]

4. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

You are very resourceful. Why would you hesitate to post it? By the way, you just did... [​IMG] I think it's cute!

5. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    It looks clean and cozy. Looks like the work of a resourceful person to me.

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Better a clean Hovel than a dirty Mansion I always say. I once visited a "breeder", and Lord have mercy the floor was dark with muck.. Well what was under the muck was floor.

Looks fine to me. We do what we can. As long as it's clean and safe, it looks fine to me.

Rancher

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Looks like my winter coop [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No need to be embarrassed. Chickens really don't care about interior decor [​IMG]

8. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I have thought about posting pictures of mine but feared the same thing. Yours looks a million times better than mine, I agree that your girls are very lucky and look happy. Im financially challenged as well but my girls would never know it by the love and attention they get. Keep up the great care of your chickies [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, it's clean and looks secure. I think that I would remove the table cloth. [​IMG]

10. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words and pictures. There are some really great coops on here. Even the "ugly" coops are better than mine [​IMG][​IMG] The blanket is there because of the babies. I don't have heat in there, so I wanted to try to make it just a little warmer for them. They are about done with the coop-inside-the-coop anyway, so I will probably be moving the whole crate very soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by