just curious

Quote:
The chicks need a safe home, food, and a caring owner. I know THEY don't care about the fancies, but I do wonder about the other chicken owners
lol.png
hugs.gif
Post yours if you want. I will share some encouraging and kind words from the forced-to-be-frugal perspective.

The first thing that came to my mind when seeing your pic, was- "oh look at all the happy chickens in their nice straw!" "And look at the wonderful places to roost!"

Really and truly- that is what I thought.

I had to go back and look at your pic again after reading, since I looked at the pic before reading.

Quote:
The chicks need a safe home, food, and a caring owner. I know THEY don't care about the fancies, but I do wonder about the other chicken owners
lol.png
hugs.gif
Post yours if you want. I will share some encouraging and kind words from the forced-to-be-frugal perspective.

Thank you Stephanie739, As soon as I typed my response I knew that I was going to post pictures of mine. We used to have a great setup with a barn and a big run but since we moved we have had to get creative till spring. My hunny built a coop with pallets that we had and I made them the nest boxes. Now that we are settled we plan to build a better coop and bigger run when the spring comes. My girls definately have everything they need and then some
smile.png

I agree with all the posters, your hens look happy and comfortable
smile.png
Your post is so timely for me, because a lady is coming to look at our roosters, and she has a gorgeous set up. I was feeling bad for the hens who are stuck with us - so thanks for the reminder of what really matters!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. I think what I really learned here is to at least clean the poop boards before taking pictures
tongue.png
lol

Back
Top Bottom