Just doing what I do best..

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
...enjoying a beautiful fall day and spoiling my chickens.
big_smile.png

016.jpg

020.jpg

<caught dh snapping pictures> lol

022.jpg

Lovely, lovely chooks!
smile.png
I'm hoping to get a blue or lavender Orp or two someday...
I noticed that one of your gals is banded - what info does the band have on it? I band wild birds for migration and ecology research, but I'm curious about reasons to band domestic birds.

Look at those gorgeous girls!! And you too, of course!!

Oh my you have come so far with perfecting type with those lavender girls...mmm, mmm mmmmmmmm.

Looks like a Kodak moment to me.

How fun! It looks like everyone was enjoying themselves.
smile.png

Tell Charlie he did a fantastic job with the pics and thank you for sharing them with all of us.
hugs.gif

LOL Jayne, yup, you said that out loud.
lau.gif

The leg bands are to keep track of certain ones..age, breeding, etc..for a particular reason. This girl (and another) was merged into this group and is from a different breeding, so she is banded with a color/number for easy tracking. It also helps when you name chickens that look very much alike. Name matches number, until you learn their personalities better.
wink.png

Haha Tsagirl - I really need to get to the hairdresser and get my grays dyed again.

fattie, I don't raise silkies anymore. A part of my heart misses them dearly, but I do have a preference for large fowl, so here I am with my big girls.

Thanks so much everyone. We are really enjoying watching this project develop too and the birds are turning into exactly what I wanted. Even the great orpington personalities that I strive for. I enjoy spending time and interacting with them.

Back
Top Bottom