Just double checking

Treegod

Songster
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Catalonia, Spain
This was supposed to be a female, but it turned out to be male. They also told us it was a barrada in the shop, but I just want to make sure, lol

I don't know much about the breed, or its variations. What can you tell me about this one?

After researching breeds of chickens from Spain and their names in their the native language I figured out that you have a breed known as a Penedesenca Barrada. As of 1994 there was only 20 breeding males left and 100 breeding females and 420 of the breed left in total! They only come in the barred variety which you have and were developed in Cataluña Penedes. You are super lucky for getting such a rare breed!

After researching breeds of chickens from Spain and their names in their the native language I figured out that you have a breed known as a Penedesenca Barrada. As of 1994 there was only 20 breeding males left and 100 breeding females and 420 of the breed left in total! They only come in the barred variety which you have and were developed in Cataluña Penedes. You are super lucky for getting such a rare breed!
How interesting!

How interesting! 

I was blown away when reading about it!

Back
Top Bottom