Just finished my broody coop! Pictures!

Great job, well built
clap.gif

Quote:
That ended in a sad story. I woke up like a kid at Christmas on hatch day and skipped across the yard to check out the new babies that must come over night. What I saw was blood, guts and brains sprayed everywhere. The broody had killed the two that hatched that night. I picked her up and found an egg that pipped and 2 more that were peeping but still sealed. I took them all out and crossed my fingers as they went into the incubator. Only the pipped one ended up hatching. I had to get 2 more chicks to keep the lone one from screaming it's head off. Turns out, the lone chick is a freaking rooster.

Now, it is housing 2 meaties. One with a fractured femur and the other with a small wound. It has been super useful, I love it.

Quote:
Gosh, I have no idea what size it turned out to be now. I was using reclaimed wood, so I made it to the size of what I had
lol.png
7 feet long might be tough to move on your own. Unless, you get some wheels! The handles were THE single best idea I had when building it. It did turn out to be heavy, but I can move it on my own when my husband isn't home.

Quote:
That ended in a sad story. I woke up like a kid at Christmas on hatch day and skipped across the yard to check out the new babies that must come over night. What I saw was blood, guts and brains sprayed everywhere. The broody had killed the two that hatched that night. I picked her up and found an egg that pipped and 2 more that were peeping but still sealed. I took them all out and crossed my fingers as they went into the incubator. Only the pipped one ended up hatching. I had to get 2 more chicks to keep the lone one from screaming it's head off. Turns out, the lone chick is a freaking rooster.

Now, it is housing 2 meaties. One with a fractured femur and the other with a small wound. It has been super useful, I love it.

Oh no!!! This may seem rude, I'm not trying to be but what a terrible momma!
tongue.png
wink.png

Quote:

Oh no!!! This may seem rude, I'm not trying to be but what a terrible momma!
tongue.png
wink.png

Tell me about it. My husband wanted to lop of her head.

Back
Top Bottom