Just finished up our new coop today!! Check out the pictures

It sure if funny how some of this stuff seems to fall together... I am now going to be trying to figure out some sort of rainproof large scale feeder (hold 50 pound bag) as well as a freeze proof waterer. I will be looking around for some ideas. If you have any please point me in the right direction. Thanks all!!

I made this that I found on YouTube, 5 gallon bucket with two 3inch 90degree elbows cut down so they are about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the bucket, works great for me no waste no poop and can be left outside, you can put a little rain shield if you want to this holds about a month's worth of food for my 4 hens.

Looks really nice. Well done!

In the second photo there appears to be a hole at the top where the nest boxes are???
As you add more meat birds and the flock increases it may just draw a little more predator attention to your property so make sure there is predator proofing even if you haven't had attacks. We lost birds to a fox right in the middle of suburbia even.

Looks really nice. Well done!

In the second photo there appears to be a hole at the top where the nest boxes are???
As you add more meat birds and the flock increases it may just draw a little more predator attention to your property so make sure there is predator proofing even if you haven't had attacks. We lost birds to a fox right in the middle of suburbia even.

Great point and you are correct. The area that you see is actually secured with chicken wire and is left open (not built over with wood) for ventilation purposes. I might have to cover some of them up in the winter depending on weather...

Back
Top Bottom