Just flew in!

Hi neighbor!

welcome-byc.gif
from Dover!

Hey, GreenBeans: WELCOME from DownEast NC. I'll be getting some Buff Orpingtons shortly and have a bunch of "anti-predator" work to do, too, before they get outside!! I have coyotes, bobcats, and hawks in great numbers right near me. (Lots of turkey farms nearby...) Loads of advice to help me out from this site. There is a great group of folks here, you'll see.

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio - Get some Golden Comets if you can find them, great egg layers and nice gentle birds. After those, well there are too many out there to choose from, and not enough time or money for them all. GCs are big time favorites in my area by people who just want laying hens.

Quote:
Thank you - I've been reading with zeal and making notes on my coop plans. I figure I've got at least a year before dh gives in on a dog or two.

Quote:
frow.gif

The reason we didn't get any chicks this past spring was because of the danger of the predators here. We have lots of wild turkeys that hang out here, and the animals think they are mighty tasty. I've seen what they can do to those! Buff Orpingtons are beauties, and are on my short list.

Back
Top Bottom