1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

JUST FOR FUN....if anyone is interested!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by genabeana, Apr 19, 2009.

1. genabeana

genabeana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2009
    Hendersonville, TN
    Any experienced chicken-raisers - I have 3 white chickens, 2 black and white chickens, and 1 black chicken, all about 7 weeks old. Now I know that this is a ridiculously broad question, but any idea's of the breeds? IT"S JUST FOR FUN! All the breeds you suggest I'll plug in and see if I can find matching pictures! They're all from McMurray hatchery, "rainbow layers".

Thanks!

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    The black and white I'm guessing barred rocks, the whites are orpingtons, and the black are cochin???????????????????????

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I've bought the Rainbow layer special several times and they don't usually include Cochins. The white could be Leghorns or EEs, the blacks will probably end up being black sex links or austrolorps and the black and whites are probably going to be barred rocks.

4. genabeana

genabeana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2009
    Hendersonville, TN
    I think the whites may be leghorn b/c they are significantly bigger than the others, and leghorns are big, right?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm checking out pictures!

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

leghorns are a smaller breed of chicken than barred rocks, but, not as small as bantams

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  6. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

The whites could also be White Rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by