JUST FOR FUN NOVEMBER HATCH–A–LONG!!! 2015

Yes I agree it's very rare for twins to survive, I never put in double yokers myself for the safety of the chicks, but there have been cases where twins have survived, usually though only one twin survives if even that. I really hope you get both chuckmecuk.

No pips yet for me, but I'll keep looking ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure it's ok to try if one wants to experiment and a fairly common breed but if like me, I'm working with an extremely rare breed with a small gene pool. My goal is first and foremost to get the most vigorous chicks. That's why I eat any possible double yolk egg.

I hope i Get both to i would not put in any more as im new to all this so i had never heard of A double yolker before i candled my eggs Which are 10 days in now the best of luck with yours any sign of them

Nope I keep checking but nothing yet. I don't I understand because in all of my previous hatches they hatched like 2 days early! So on this batch I just scheduled everything a day early, but nothing's happening. I guess/hope that they will pip somewhere in between the rest of today and tonight, then hopefully they will hatch tomorrow night. So your double yokers are still alive?

What type of incubator do u use still air or forced i had that problem at the start of this season and the temp waz .5 of a degree high in my still so i converted it to forced .yes there still alive and well candled them this evening

I have a brinsea mini advance incubator, it circulates air with a built in fan. The temp on the gauge says that it's 99.5 all through out the incubation, but I think it's a couple points higher. I think that's why my previous ones hatched early. I did the exact same thing with it this time, but it doesn't look like they want to hatch any time soon, I'm just hoping one isn't shrink wrapped because the air cell looks really big! Super scared about that.

Still no pips yet. I'm starting to get worried because they are on day 21 and in all of my previous hatches the chicks hatched on day 20. I have to leave today for an appointment, but as soon as I get home and if they haven't pipped yet I might need to take back a little of the shell and see what's going on. Does anyone have any clues? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom