Just for fun

Those are all soooooo pretty! You are really creative. You should like to start a jewelry store. Those are really impressive.
Thanks!
Ive considered it many times, but haven’t pushed myself into it.... yet anyway. I appreciate the compliment!
Do you top coat? The nails will last longer. :)
I do:)
I used a sheer pink gel as the base and laid the feather on that. After curing I cover with clear gel and shape the nail. File, then add the top coat. I *think* I did the steps right. The kit I used is one of those no brand kits from China that you get off amazon. I get the cheap stuff till I feel I want to try better quality brands.

My yard has so many feathers blowing around right now. I’ve been collecting them for projects and had an idea.
About a year ago I remember watching a YouTube video on acrylic nails and using real feathers underneath the acrylic. My hands currently hurt too much to do all the required filing that comes with acrylic nails, but I do have gel that I’ve never tried before.... I grabbed a few imperfect feathers since I would only need to use small sections on them. It was a little tricky, but so much easier then acrylic! Haha.
The end result View attachment 2366196View attachment 2366197
And here’s an added bonus! Earrings I made with some awesome dark gray fluffy feathers I found:) View attachment 2366195
I’m really enjoying the molting season😉
Very pretty! I don’t even know where I’d start with my nails, but yours look great!

Awesome!!! What a great idea with the nails! Looks cool. :wee

Please send a link to the nail stuff on amazon - I have no clue what you mean, he he - not a nail polish person, but willing to this your cool idea!

And your earings have little heart on them - did you see? I call them Guinea heart feathers when the middle dot is split on the quill and looks heart shaped. Very cool also!

Very pretty! I don’t even know where I’d start with my nails, but yours look great!
Thanks! 😊

Awesome!!! What a great idea with the nails! Looks cool. :wee

Please send a link to the nail stuff on amazon - I have no clue what you mean, he he - not a nail polish person, but willing to this your cool idea!

And your earings have little heart on them - did you see? I call them Guinea heart feathers when the middle dot is split on the quill and looks heart shaped. Very cool also!
Sadly I’m not seeing the kit on amazon anymore. I found the kit I have on wish though. This is it.

Attachments

• 9160113A-4426-42F5-954E-0A253FA983CB.jpeg
    9160113A-4426-42F5-954E-0A253FA983CB.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 4
My yard has so many feathers blowing around right now. I’ve been collecting them for projects and had an idea.
About a year ago I remember watching a YouTube video on acrylic nails and using real feathers underneath the acrylic. My hands currently hurt too much to do all the required filing that comes with acrylic nails, but I do have gel that I’ve never tried before.... I grabbed a few imperfect feathers since I would only need to use small sections on them. It was a little tricky, but so much easier then acrylic! Haha.
The end result View attachment 2366196View attachment 2366197
And here’s an added bonus! Earrings I made with some awesome dark gray fluffy feathers I found:) View attachment 2366195
I’m really enjoying the molting season😉
Beautiful!
Does anyone know how to make non-piercing earrings? They're a pain to find, and it might be fun to make a few with some of my own feathers.

Beautiful!
Does anyone know how to make non-piercing earrings? They're a pain to find, and it might be fun to make a few with some of my own feathers.
You would make them the same way as for pierced earrings. You just have to use the proper ear attachment fitting.

Clip on earring parts

Wow that's super cool! Did you just put the nail polish over the guinea feathers?
I put down a layer of pink manicure gel and then covered it in clear. Then I added a top coat to seal it up and add more shine. I did watch a YouTube video where a girl just used regular gel polish to cover the feather. So either way works:)
Beautiful!
R2elk beat me to it😄
Clip ons work or you can make ear wraps/cuffs. My ears are sensitive to metal so I make ear cuffs as a way to have more ear jewelry in addition to my single piercings.

Back
Top Bottom