Just for fun

My2butterflies

Crowing
Apr 14, 2020
Minnesota
My yard has so many feathers blowing around right now. I’ve been collecting them for projects and had an idea.
About a year ago I remember watching a YouTube video on acrylic nails and using real feathers underneath the acrylic. My hands currently hurt too much to do all the required filing that comes with acrylic nails, but I do have gel that I’ve never tried before.... I grabbed a few imperfect feathers since I would only need to use small sections on them. It was a little tricky, but so much easier then acrylic! Haha.
The end result
2FFEFECC-7B30-4A15-9103-1FE4728D25AF.jpeg
C80BBA79-7A09-4D51-B429-5347FC0A2129.jpeg

And here’s an added bonus! Earrings I made with some awesome dark gray fluffy feathers I found:)
A4C46F9A-66A2-4175-B049-897CA94EB39C.jpeg

I’m really enjoying the molting season😉

Awesome!!! What a great idea with the nails! Looks cool. :wee

Please send a link to the nail stuff on amazon - I have no clue what you mean, he he - not a nail polish person, but willing to this your cool idea!

And your earings have little heart on them - did you see? I call them Guinea heart feathers when the middle dot is split on the quill and looks heart shaped. Very cool also!

Those are all soooooo pretty! You are really creative. You should like to start a jewelry store. Those are really impressive.
Thanks!
Ive considered it many times, but haven’t pushed myself into it.... yet anyway. I appreciate the compliment!
Do you top coat? The nails will last longer. :)
I do:)
I used a sheer pink gel as the base and laid the feather on that. After curing I cover with clear gel and shape the nail. File, then add the top coat. I *think* I did the steps right. The kit I used is one of those no brand kits from China that you get off amazon. I get the cheap stuff till I feel I want to try better quality brands.

Back
Top Bottom