just found a hidden nest are all the eggs bad?

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
i found a HUGE nest today (well huge to ME) my egg production has been steadily going down, i figured it was due to the heat.. but today i found a nest that had 20 eggs in it! LOL well, now i know they just thought the lilac bush was cooler LOL how do i know if they are bad or not?? or should i just toss them all??

Incubate & candle.
idunno.gif

I agree... I would put them all

put them in the bator and given them a try. If this was a current "stash".. you might be surprised at how many are good!! Candle in about 10 - 14 days.

Last edited:
gah! lol i knew thats what you would say! lol . i cant put them in the bator! im outta room! on top of that im leaving townfor a week and there would be no one to turn the for me! lol other wise i totally would!! my friend has some room in her bator tho maybe ill take them to her! lol hmmmmm worth a try!

I finally found the stash my WC Blue Polish had been hiding. She is notorious for going off to her own place to lay her egg. I didn't notice at first, but when I was getting a box of 18 eggs ready for a neighbor - it was suddenly obvious that Annabelle had not contributed anything for several days! A day or so of searching found a clutch of polish eggs in the second story of the cat house! Guess all that straw and privacy lured her in, LOL!

We have no rooster, broody or incubator -- so I pitched them all.

Back
Top Bottom