Just getting nervous !

wildwings

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
I posted this in the quail section also but didn't get any answers as of yet. This is also our first time doing this so we really dont know what to expect other then what I have read on here.

Ok so here is the time line I got so far for the Bobwhites:

Wed was day #23 nothing really on this day

Thurs was day #24 we seen some piping on 4-6 eggs really tiny cracks

Fri was day #25 had eggs piped and at 3pm first quail hatched and 2nd quail at about 3:30pm. All last night they were really active and 6 different eggs rolling all over the place. So like 9pm I noticed sponges were pretty dry so I removed and used warm water to re wet sponges and placed back in. The temp in incubator never went below 99 while I did this.

Sat. now is day #26 and starting to get nervous the eggs with piping the holes are downward and watching for about 10 mins I did not see any eggs rocking or rolling other then when the 2 active quail run past knocking into them.

So how long do you go before worrying about the eggs I was planning on putting the 2 into the brooder today but left them in for now to act as cheerleaders to get there siblings out. Any input ? Thanks

Also if the eggs don't hatch after so long do you ever try to crack them open ?

I am at work til 6 then I am going to move the chicks to the brooder then I might candle a egg then let them sit for another day.

Just a UPDATE got my 2 quail moved over to brooder and seen 1 of the pip eggs started moving again so sprayed warm water onto the sponge thru port hole and just going to let them go. I did check 1 pipped egg that has been sitting for over 24 hours and that wasn't a positive out come.

Back
Top Bottom