Just getting started on the "Coop DeVille"

Zvacman

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
It might come back and bite me in the rear end but my blue print is only in my head, I haven't written anything down yet. Here are some pictures from the last 3 days.

Looks your Head Plans are pretty good. I like to cover any hold with 1/4 inch hardware cloth , it's a stronger wire than " chicken wire" . Everything likes to eat chicken and you don't want to walk into the coop and find a snake :(

The gable and soffit vents are getting 1/4" hardware cloth and the run is getting 1/2" hardware cloth. Thanks for the input and compliment.

Just a few more pictures of the progress. Mother Nature hasn't been very cooperative this spring, it been raining 6 out of 7 days for the last two weeks. I'm just glad that I have enough space inside to get some of the work done.

Had to work late, only got one of the coop shirts done. Decided to add a couple extra dividers it seemed to add a lot of strength to the hardware cloth. My reasoning for this is just in case the door closes before anybody gets inside, going under the coop should be safe. The stain I'm using was $5 per gallon screw ups from a paint center. I bought two and poured them both in a bucket and stirred them together.

Geez, just add cable, a bath and heat/AC and I will live in it!!! Any chicken would be proud to call that home! :)

My wife came to the farm and started staining while I started the watering system. The color isn't terrible for $5 per gallon.

Got the nesting boxes done.

Clean out doors on and stained.

Move in day is tomorrow. The girls are 6 weeks old and the nights have been mild.

Back
Top Bottom