1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Just getting started

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vandiver68, Sep 10, 2016.

1. vandiver68

vandiver68 New Egg

Sep 5, 2016
    Hey I'm new, I'm just getting into the whole raining chickens hobby. I want to raise the because I love fresh eggs, if anybody has any tips on anything I would greatly appreciate it.

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

My #1 tip would be read everything. There's no such thing as too much knowledge (provided it's good information from reliable sources!). The Learning Center here on BYC is a great place to start.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. You may also enjoy your state thread. Just put state name in search box and it will come up. You may find you BYCERS in your area, who would be happy to mentor you

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Just have fun checking out BYC! Start with your state thread. Have any questions about breeds? Type into the search bar the type of breed you are interested in learning about.
    Hatching for the first time..there's a lot going on with that! Again, type in the search bar.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, vandiver68, and :welcome. Happy to have you aboard. I second the advice of CTKen...the Learning Center will get you well prepared! Good luck to you!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens vandiver68 !! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by