Just getting started!

threescompany

Songster
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014
I am a newbie at chickens, finishing our coop and getting our girls soon. This site has a wealth of information for which I am so thankful!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! This is the place to be for all the learning and fun. Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens are you getting?

Love all the information on this site. I am getting an Australorp, an Easter Egger and a Rhode Island Red!

Great choices in chickens. The Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; very hardy, calm and gentle, and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. The Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves the colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.

Love all the information on this site. I am getting an Australorp, an Easter Egger and a Rhode Island Red!

yippiechickie.gif
Welcome from Georgia!! Great breed choices! You will probably fall victim to chicken math soon, when that inevitable day comes a Maran or Welsummer hen would add some dark eggs to the colorful mix.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom