Just got back from another trip to the ER

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Mahonri, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    When you have 7 kids, it becomes a common occurance.

DS#4... son of Mahonri on BYC decided to cut of the tip of his right index finger (he's left handed)

4 hours and 6 sutures later it's but back on but it was pretty gross. I hope it heals and doesn't require further surgery.

And I'm booked solid tomorrow... praying I can get some sleep.

2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    how on earth did he do this with just a regular kitchen knife oh thats so much pain. also get some rest you will need it hes in my prayers

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I hope he's going to be okay?! It never ends with kids, does it? Having a large family like you do, I know what you're going through. Hope you can get some sleep, and things calm down. [​IMG] [​IMG]:fl

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    *sigh* ah yes kids and the fun they bring. Get some rest hon. Hopefully, further surgery will not be required.

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    ouch ouch ouch poor kiddo! Poor you! HOpe ya do get some sleep! [​IMG]

6. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Yikes! I'm glad they could repair things. I do hope and pray for a quick and uneventful recovery.

7. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    I hear you Mahonri, my four daughters seem to constantly keep us in the ER as well, so it's not limited to sons! I hope you can at least get enough sleep to make it through your day. It's not like you can phone your job in, unfortunately!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OUCH!!!!! Poor guy! I hope the pain goes away soon and he is back to normal! I know that had to be just awful for all of you!

9. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Owie! [​IMG] Been there done that Mahonri - fun times in the ER at the ungodly hour. [​IMG] to the son and prayers for a speedy recovery!

10. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Songster

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Oh boy do I ever know that feeling, my middle son once jumped up and got his finger caught on a nail and took the finger half off,..it's so distressing, and the emergency room rarely makes you feel better about the whole lot.
    Wishing him a speedy recovery...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: