Just got chicks help !!

MattSiewrt

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
Hello I jus bought some chicks from someone down the road and I brought them home and they are just laying under the heat lamp an now there sleeping my quest is do chicks take naps during the day? How do you tell if a chik is healthy or not help and one of them is a guineas fowl

Yep, they eat, sleep, and poop just like all baby animals - humans included.
lol.png

Okay thank y'all I have a little bowl of water in there and I crush up some of the chicken pellets for them

If the food you are giving them is layer pellets you don't want to keep feeding that to them, to much calcium. If it's a flock raiser type feed then that's fine, otherwise need to pick up a bag of chick starter for them.

Chicks are healthy when you see them running around, peeping softly, eating and drinking when they are awake. They will nap frequently. Chicks that stand hunched up or puffed up with eyes closed, off by themselves, not wanting to eat or drink.....that is a sick chick.

Keep an eye out for coccidiosis, probably the most common problem chicks are faced with. Good idea to keep Corid on hand just in case.

Back
Top Bottom