Just got chicks today!

kellyjeanne

Chirping
Jul 19, 2016
Atlanta
My Coop
My Coop
Hey All,
I'm a long time lurker of these forums, but new to having an account. I ordered chicks from my pet chicken back in April and they just arrived! Answers to the template questions.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes / Today!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 5

(3) What breeds do you have? One each of: Easter Egger, New Hampshire Red, Buff Orpington, Plymouth Rock, and Golden Campine

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I've googled things that have come up here a million times.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Knitting, quilting, gardening, "projects" of all kinds.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm a newlywed (since April), we have three dogs (my two Boston Terriers and the loud Corgi who lives here too). I have kept bees, but I'm between hives right now. We just bought our house in March and so we're building up the life we want...and chickens are part of the process. I'm a Spanish teacher and entering my 3rd year teaching in just a few short weeks.

That's all!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Glad you joined the flock. Have you checked out the Learning Center? It is a great place to start a poultry education.

Hi and welcome to BYC! Oh wow, bees! I really want to get some one of these days. Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre 
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads. 

You may wish to consider joining your state thread  as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom