Just got my 'bator! (now what?) Pics and questions on how it works

Heehee... that was the same one
big_smile.png
And nope... it's the same for the egg turner, but different with the temp control.... and the fact that mine doesn't have all that stuff listed in post #9...

Keep in mind that you asked for help...
smile.png

There is a lot more to this without being able to see the thing. But suffice it to say it is both complex and simple. SO be patient and we'll work through all the issues as we go. You didnt think this would be easy, did you?

SO lets go with the simple, first.

Water weasel:

http://shilala.homestead.com/weasel.html

Buy the water weasel/SQUEEZY TOYS at WalMart FOR $1.

Next, can you get us some better pics? Closer views of the controls and other features would help.
Its kinda hard to tell what is there when the dog is hopgging up the pic.

The link's given are for later model, but it is generally applicable to yours. It appears your 1300 is an intermeidate model between the older 1200 series and the later ones.

The round thing at the top is not a thermometer, but a wet bulb hygrometer. It measures your humidity. It also needs a wick leading to the water pan if it is to work. A good reason to get a separate hygrometer.

Temp control is electronic, unless you are on the backup wafer switch. You can buy the replacement wafers on line.
It may be that the thermometer is missing and should be in one of the holes. Good reason to get a separate one.

The top box shows some angled pieces of metal - the water tray goes in there.

Put a load in the unit, by adding three or four water filled soda bottles and then leave it alone for 12 hours. It takes some time for incubators to settle and control temperatures reliably.

And try calling GQF, for goodness sakes!

Last edited:
Quote:
It *could* be the one on page 7.... however, it doesn't show you how to work that funky temp thing.... *sigh* and it's missing pieces *sigh*

I have a feeling I spent a little bit too much money on this....
barnie.gif

temp.jpg

In the other models, it was showing a little dial that you would just turn up or down... if you can see (I can email a bigger pic) it's not even close to being understandable???

7 little white "tabs" numbered 1-7. the only one switched to the down position is number 4

Yea, this temp control thing is a bit... um... different.

Tomorrow I'm going to hunt down a water weasel! And a digital thermometer, and hygrometer... I'm assuming somewhere like an AgMart or TSC would have these????

Okay I tried GFQ again and I'm thinking whoever had this incubator modified the temp thingy,LOL.I can't find any of the incubators that have that strange looking thing.
Both of mine are the 1200 series incubator and hatcher and neither one have anything like yours.As for your water weasel and thermometer,Water weasel at a dollar store if ya have one and temp/humidity at the walmart.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Back
Top Bottom