Just got my first egg

quailmale

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Brevard County Florida
I was feeding everybody and had the cage open so I could look around as I do for anything out of the ordinary and 12 inchs in front of my nose is an EGG, I was totaly surprised. From what I read on here it probably is not viable but hey, its my first and into the bator it goes, per what I read here also I'll let it sit for 3 or 4 days in a turner then into the bator it goes.
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

Note: To plug BYC & the supplier: I bought the eggs from the "QUAILLADYOFFORTMYERS"
bow.gif

Last edited:
I don't wait 3-4 days to set my own eggs or it will be crazy! Fertility decreased after 7 days so the earlier you set, the better results you get.

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be viable??? If it is because it is your first egg from them, don't give up!!!! My buttons laid some apparently fertile eggs first time around. 8wks old.

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be viable??? If it is because it is your first egg from them, don't give up!!!! My buttons laid some apparently fertile eggs first time around. 8wks old.

Oooh maybe there is hope then!! I just got my first two eggs yesterday from my coturnix!! So exciting!! And my males..well, they have discovered their...what does JJMR794 call it?..oh yes..."special purpose".... so I guess it can't hurt to wait till I get a couple more and throw them in the incubator. Would be an amazing surprise if any hatched!

Congrats Quailmale!!

-Jessa

WAHOO!!!!! I am always excited to look in pens and find eggs especially since they gulp up all that feed! LOL Got to get something in return
lau.gif

Quote:
I had NO idea how much food those little guys consumed...Holy shocker!! I mean, they make my meat chickens look like light eaters!! Okay maybe not reeeally, but certainly seems it!
tongue.png

Quote:

Oooh maybe there is hope then!! I just got my first two eggs yesterday from my coturnix!! So exciting!! And my males..well, they have discovered their...what does JJMR794 call it?..oh yes..."special purpose".... so I guess it can't hurt to wait till I get a couple more and throw them in the incubator. Would be an amazing surprise if any hatched!

Congrats Quailmale!!

-Jessa

^_^ There is aways hope Jessa. I didn't know if first clutches would be fertile since this is my first hatch. But day 11 techincally 12 because it was after midnight haha, I couldn't stand it and put the eggs one at a time on a flat surface to see if I could see any movement. 8 out of 10 were wigglers. the 2 that didn't are only a couple days old so I couldn't expect them to. Plus I think one is a fart egg.

Back
Top Bottom