Just got my first RIR(3), I'm so happy and can't wait for them to start laying eggs. Any one has any

El Mexicano

Hatching
Mar 16, 2015
California

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I have some hatchery RIR and I love them. They are really lovely birds, they have nice personalities and they lay well too. Have you looked at the Learning Center yet? There are some wonderful articles on all sorts of chicken related topics. Enjoy the site!

Hi and welcome to BYC!

We have 2 RIR's in our mixed flock and really like them. They lay well and have fun personalities. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do!

x2 on sumi's advice regarding the Learning Center...lots of good information there. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Definitely stop by our learning center that Sumi linked for you. There is tons of information there on raising your new flock. I hope those eggs start coming soon!! Newly moved birds can sometimes hold off from laying for a few weeks from the stress of the move. So give them time to adjust to their new surroundings. Pretty soon you will be collecting lots of eggs!

Enjoy your new birds and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

I've raised one hatchery Rhode Island Red, and have really enjoyed her! She's been an excellent layer, though hasn't been quite as gentle/personable as my other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom