Just got my order from Ideal: NOT GOOD!!!

My order from Ideal was shipped yesterday. 25 keets and 25 chicks, I expect them to come in the morning so we'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed. I called them Tuesday to see if it would be better for me to pick them up, (three hour drive from here) they said it was up to me, and that if anything happened in shipping they would make it right. Last time we had two DOA, and then lost four more keets within the first two days and they credited my card for all six birds. Great customer service!!!!

Unfortunally it is WAY to HOT for shipping chicks in the south right now. I live in Tn. 30 miles from the Ga. border and it was 100 degrees here yesterday and today. I am sure they will make it right but you might consider asking them to wait another month or so before they ship them.

It is too hot to ship chicks anywhere in the country right now. The entire map on the weather channel is red. Not good for shipping baby chicks or any live animals.

Never had a problem with them. However, we do live in the deep South where it is 101-103 degrees and a heat index of 108-115. It is hard enough on our grown chickens, so it is even worse on chicks. They will usually credit or replace your order.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I believe so too. I've ordered from them before, and have had no trouble. I'm sure they will reimburse you, or send you more chicks at a later date. Sorry you lost your new babies.
hugs.gif

We got ours in April and the other order was January . We had heavy losses in both orders and lost most all of the banties.
We got one order of standards {pullets special priced] that did much better and only 2 losses. The rest of those pullets are doing great and paying now. We also got ducks and all arrived fine and are getting big now.
I find I can not seem to get surviving banties {except for Cochins} but when we picked 18 from TSC that had just come in and been placed in the bins for sale they all did great and all survived. I don't know why. I did email pictures of the chicks that died to them.
They were great about it and understood I was afraid to order more banties after that second big loss so they credited my account.

Hmmmm. I have an order coming next week of 10 silkies, hope they are ok. I was kind of hoping by then it might be in the 90s and not as hot. It has cooled down here quite a bit in SE Kansas, so my ones coming Friday from Missouri, I think will be fine.

Talked to them yesterday and by that time I had lost 15. They gave me no problem and credited my card. I think it must be a combo of the heat and the fact they were bantys. The standard birds I got have done just fine.

Back
Top Bottom