Just got my order from Ideal: NOT GOOD!!!

jjdward

How bout them DAWGS!
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Buchanan, Georgia
Just picked up my chicks at the post office. NINE were dead!!!! Never had a problem from Ideal before. Hope I can get this straighted out. Anybody else had to deal with this with Ideal?

That is so wierd I got chicks fro Ideal last week and 9 were dead the remaining one died 3 days later. Im begining to think I wont order from them again. I'm so soory for your loss I know how you feel. Ive repalced mine locally and I am waiting to be reimbursed they told me a few days its been a week and nothing on my card yet. Call them right away and tell them. I know lots of people have had no problems with them. I think it the heat in shipping.
hugs.gif

They will replace them or give you a credit for them if they can't replace them or even a refund. Just call them and let them know what happened. they are pretty good at taking care of there customers. I usually buy my free rangers that I also eat from them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is horrible to expect baby birds and find dead ones. That happened to us with just a few when we ordered ducklings and the whole family found it more upseting than I would have thought. After all, we are going to EAT the ducks eventually ourselves so seeing them dead should not have broke our hearts like it did. But it did!

Unfortunately, the middle of winter and the middle of summer are the worst times to order chicks. The temperature changes are very hard on them.

Contact the hatchery, they will set it right. Sorry about the chicks who died, though.
sad.png

hugs.gif
I'm sorry for your loss .. Ideal will replace them.

I think there is a bigger risk anytime you mail live animals in extreme temps .. It is CRAZY HOT accross the south right now ...

We had over 20 duckling sdie in one shipment. It was spring and was about 37 here taht day. Someone left the box on a cold dock we figured. The next week Ideal shipped a full replacement. Just call them and report it. Hope you took photos. It sometimes helps. I also add about a dollar to the cost with insurance. Never order chicks without insurance. Seems the PO takes better care of them. It may be just to hot. Someone may have left them in the full sun on a dock somewhere.

I think when ordering from a hatchery, it's a chance you take. I ordered 15 ducklings from Welp hatchery in July, and they were shipping on the 7th. I called the P.O. on the 9th just to check and see if they had come, and the postal worker said "Are you sure they were coming today or tomorrow? Usually we get chicks or ducklings on Tuesdays. Well, I wouldn't expect any of them to be alive." I was so upset and worried, but all 15 were alive when they came, although 1 did pass away that afternoon. So sorry for you experience, but I don't think it's the norm.

Back
Top Bottom