just got three hens! YAY!

bekklegirl

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
hey! just got three beautiful hens and are hoping to get two more in the coming days....cant get more than five though!
they are still young ones and make peeping sounds even though they ARE a few months old. they DO bwuk as well but they sound so cute.
cant wait for my first eggs. we're got a barred rock, a white one with grey speckles round the neck (what one is this?) and a black aracauna cross something with brown speckles sort of feathers.

how old when they first start laying?
and how big are the eggs for those breeds i mentioned.

oh and whats a good breed for the other 2, i was thinking wyandottes for a different colour but i really like orpingtons....one of each???

thanks!!

Hi there, welcome to BYC. I'm only quite new to chickens myself so I can't help you out all that much except I can tell you that you will become addicted quickly.

Chickens usually start laying around 4-6mths but I think it depends on the breed. I'm not sure what kind of eggs your chooks will lay, perhaps look under the breed section I think they have descriptions there.

We just recently got 2 wyandottes one silver pencilled and one patridge who are both 13 weeks, they are lovely girls. But why not get one of each breed? We have a few different breeds and they all have different personalities

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom