Just had a stoat attack!

I agree, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Before long you will not have any chickens left to allow to run free. I would lock them up safe and secure at night for sure! Let them out to range during the day. Having a chicken safe dog running the yard doesn't hurt either.

I agree, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Before long you will not have any chickens left to allow to run free. I would lock them up safe and secure at night for sure! Let them out to range during the day. Having a chicken safe dog running the yard doesn't hurt either.
They do get locked up at night.

Oh, did they catch it? That's good news! Well, not for the stoat, but
smile.png

I found attacking roosters even outdoor large parrots like cockatoos are easily killed by stoats i am not sure why but bird defense just does not work on them unless you are a raptor with talons or a heron with a bill that can impail you or something.

This is only thing that works for me.

my dogs can't ever catch them either they are faster than rats. They outsmart the dogs. I think the cats catch them by ambush or just waiting or cornering them. Because stoat is so fast sometimes i cant even see them.

Stoat got trapped, Hen got attacked a couple more times but live and is fully recovered.

Back
Top Bottom