Just hard-boiled eggs?

Pics

teadAddicted

Chirping
Feb 20, 2020
Algeria
Hi everyone! šŸ˜Š ,
My duckling is 11 days old.
Since he hatched I have fed him crushed corn mixed with some water, for the second and third day.
And then I started feeding him a mix of crushed corn, wheat, sesame, barley, and flaxseed, he seems to like it.
Here what surprises me comes, the day I gave him a hard-boiled egg, he did really love it, since then, his taste to the food I used to give him has changed, he seems to me like he distastes it when he goes crazy for hard-boiled eggs.
now I'm worried about him, I don't know how to cut out eggs from him and make him likes the mix I used to feed him, or this is just a passing period!
He also loves green beans and strawberry which I gave him regularly, but he goes not crazy for them as he does for boiled eggs lol.
I searched my city for starter poultry food, but none, so my only option was to make food myself.

Ducklings have a fairly high protein and vitamin requirement that only a duck or chick starter can properly give... A good hold over would be crushed dry cat food and a good liquid B complex vitamin in the water. All available at walmart or a pharmacy
Screenshot_20200220-170200_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200220-170128_Samsung Internet.jpg

And the needed chick/duckling starter is available on amazon
I cant stress proper nutrition enough
Screenshot_20200220-170103_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200220-170050_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Another point is duck and birds have no teeth. They collect grit from mud and dirt. The grit is kept in the birds digestive system and actualy grinds up solids. So untill the duck is old enough to be digging in mud and dirt it cant have solid foods.
The solids can build up and cause an impaction

Ducklings have a fairly high protein and vitamin requirement that only a duck or chick starter can properly give... A good hold over would be crushed dry cat food and a good liquid B complex vitamin in the water. All available at walmart or a pharmacyView attachment 2031426View attachment 2031427

And the needed chick/duckling starter is available on amazon
I cant stress proper nutrition enoughView attachment 2031429View attachment 2031430
Thanks for this quick response.
yes, I can provide cat food for him, and supplements are available.

Thanks for this quick response.
yes, I can provide cat food for him, and supplements are available.
Thatd be the way to go, but make sure to order or pick up duck food

Now the next issue is ducks being flock animals they require constant company, the best being another duck,
They also need water deep enough to cover their eyes to keep there eyes and nostrils clean and healthy.

ive had single ducklings living in my house before and they need alot of attention to be happy

Did you find a feed store? I would order some feed from amazon, nutrition is very important in the earily development. Corn is mostly empty calories. Besides the egg nothing your feeding has enough protein. Also You need to supplement niacin.
thanks a lot Ratchninck,
In feed store I have found none related to poultry food, and the owner just advised me with corns, I can't afford shipping from internet here in algeria, it is hard due to their politics, but I'm happy that cat food is available, I will add supplements also,
I'm really thankful for your care guys

Back
Top Bottom