just how many quail fit in 1sq. foot?

chrishw

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
These boogers are just so funny, this is what 100 BW, 5 weeks old, looks like in a pile!

I think they must be 7 deep in that corner. They have lights on the other side of this cage but I guess they wanted to make their own tonight!

Oh wow!
lol.png

I'm a little concerned that it might be too hot for them. If they're trying to avoid the light to the extent of all squishing up into one corner and creating a mountain of quail, than it probably is pretty warm in there for them. I suggest dimming it down a notch to lower the temp.

The lights about 8 feet from them... and actually was off for a bit (power outage) and only came back on less than 5 minutes before this AND they where like this before the power came back on. So, too chilly might be more likely but given it was about 80 degrees I doubt it, the light had been off for 3 hours.

Also the fact this isn't a one time occurance, they do this every night, only usually 1/2 are under the light and 1/2 are in a corner and they move back n
and forth... they always sleep in a pile!

Trust me, I've scratched my head quite a bit and figure they will grow out of it but until then they are just silly!

Back
Top Bottom