1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just interested to know, who does stuffing and who makes dressing!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MandyH, Nov 11, 2008.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I know we have a VERY diverse board of people onhere, and was just curious as to who makes Thanksgiving dressing and who makes stuffing? I make good old southern style cornbread dressing with chicken, a mix of both my grandmothers recipe. Let's hear it.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

STUFFING, celery, onion, SAGE, bacon, butter, chicken broth..... GOOD STUFF!

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I wish I could make either. I attempted to make homemade stuffing 3 years ago for Easter... what a mess and I ruined it. LOL

So far, my MIL (who can't cook to save her @$$) makes the best stuffing I've ever tasted.

4. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    My stuffing is dried bread, butter ,onions,celery, garlic, Michigan dried cherrys and Hazelnuts and bit of poultry seasoning and chicken broth . Yummy

5. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Stuffing here! Lot's of butter and loads of eggs, onion, celery, poultry seasoning. lots of pepper and salt.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Dressing!

7. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I make dressing with cornbread and dried bread crumbs, I also use cream of mushroom soup and crazisions. Also onion, garlic, celery and boiled eggs.

jackie

8. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    I've done both. I grew up in the south and still love the cornbread stuffing. But up here in Indiana, everyone eats dried bread stuffing like already mentioned. Sometimes I make both-but I'm the only one eating the cornbread kind.
    My husbands family makes oyster dressing YUK! I say but they "have" to have it...

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Being from the deep South myself, I could not even imagine any other kind of dressing/stuffing besides what I grew up with. It is dee-double-icious! Oh, and simple too.

10. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    lol us Northern folks call it stuffing! it seems the southern folk call it dressing lol What ever its called its sure Tasty!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by