Just introducing myself :)

CountryCait

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I have just a small hobby farm with a couple of chickens and a couple of goats. I seem to always land on this group/site when I google questions, haha. So I thought I would join the community! Hopefully I will even be able to help someone/answer questions in return, if I ever accumulate a confidence of wisdom on a subject, haha. So far seems I mostly have questions :). Thanks for all the answers I’ve found to questions already! So far looks like a positive and helpful community. Thanks for allowing me to join!

:frow Welcome to BYC!!! :woot I hope you enjoy it here! What kind of chickens do you have?
Hi! Thanks! Currently I have 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Olive Egger, and 1 Americauna. Just got the last two yesterday. Previously had 2 RIR’s for two years but lost one earlier this week to a fox :(. Loved my RIR, they are some tough hens usually! They’ve fought off predators in the past, but the heat this summer put the one into a false brooding and it made her vulnerable. Unfortunately she got nabbed. We’ll see how her two replacements-the olive egger and americauna-do, haha. They are only 6-8 weeks old. I’m afraid to let them in with my last RIR bc she is 3 years old. But I’m worried about her being lonely too... Might give it a try this week...

Hi! Thanks! Currently I have 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Olive Egger, and 1 Americauna. Just got the last two yesterday. Previously had 2 RIR’s for two years but lost one earlier this week to a fox :(. Loved my RIR, they are some tough hens usually! They’ve fought off predators in the past, but the heat this summer put the one into a false brooding and it made her vulnerable. Unfortunately she got nabbed. We’ll see how her two replacements-the olive egger and americauna-do, haha. They are only 6-8 weeks old. I’m afraid to let them in with my last RIR bc she is 3 years old. But I’m worried about her being lonely too... Might give it a try this week...

Those are some cool breeds! Sorry for your loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom