Just J party. GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, I went to the place with the rabbits that I want to help.
Oh my.
For a quick summary, tthere were three rabbits outside with no toys or hay, only a large bowl of pellets. And one large rabbit in a shed in a teeny tiny dirty cage that he couldn't barely move in also with no hay or toys.
None of the animals there had good enrichment. And most didn't have a good diet.
Oh and there were a bunch of mallards and call ducks with a muscovy. The muscovy (female) was trying to mate a mallard drake probably for dominance and injuring the mallard. And there was a bad drake to duck ratio. And two of the ducks had angel wing that was clearly not being treated.
Before we left I told the person that was supposed to care for them about the situation and she knew about it (never did anything about it though), but was supperived about how bad it was.

They had a donkey, cow, and horse with stripes (forgot what its called), in a fairly small area with no grass to graze on.
It was kinda sad.
The birds didn't have a very good setup either.

I can tell they're trying their best to give them ab good life but all of them are volunteers and aren't well educated on the proper care of the animals there.
I would go I to more detail about how the animals were being cared for and some of the other animals but this would be a long post.

I'm going to get some hay and toys for the rabbits before actually working on their situation.

And growing up in Michigan('70's/early 80's), we would wait till the weather folks would start to report the temp of lake Michigan's water temp at Saugatuck & Holland State Park Beach as at least 60Β°F ... Usually we would wait for 62Β°F to go up and go swimming!

In Jr. & High school in Costa Mesa, CA the current always flows south from Alaska. So even in the peak of summer it was lucky to see 65Β°F at Newport Beach & Balboa Island for surfing in the 80's ......

(Giggles)
Michigan ... I remember driving on the Manistee! As a passenger (and a kid) I was TERRIFIED ... but my cousins insisted. It was an ... interesting day. And no, we didn't go through the ice. They knew better, but (of course) they didn't tell ME that!

Ok so, I went to the place with the rabbits that I want to help.
Oh my.
For a quick summary, tthere were three rabbits outside with no toys or hay, only a large bowl of pellets. And one large rabbit in a shed in a teeny tiny dirty cage that he couldn't barely move in also with no hay or toys.
None of the animals there had good enrichment. And most didn't have a good diet.
Oh and there were a bunch of mallards and call ducks with a muscovy. The muscovy (female) was trying to mate a mallard drake probably for dominance and injuring the mallard. And there was a bad drake to duck ratio. And two of the ducks had angel wing that was clearly not being treated.
Before we left I told the person that was supposed to care for them about the situation and she knew about it (never did anything about it though), but was supperived about how bad it was.

They had a donkey, cow, and horse with stripes (forgot what its called), in a fairly small area with no grass to graze on.
It was kinda sad.
The birds didn't have a very good setup either.

I can tell they're trying their best to give them ab good life but all of them are volunteers and aren't well educated on the proper care of the animals there.
I would go I to more detail about how the animals were being cared for and some of the other animals but this would be a long post.

I'm going to get some hay and toys for the rabbits before actually working on their situation.
20200927_150633.jpg

Small for such a big rabbit

At least the area was bigger but they weren't using it
20200927_160349.jpg

I'd trade my moon -- it's less red now that it's getting higher, though -- for your rain, gladly.
I dunno, it has rained a lot here. It went from winter, to a bit of spring, to cold, to a month of rain, then muggy and hot with storms mixed in, it rained for a week, was nice, now it rained all day. I like the rain, but jeez, makes a mucky mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom