Just joined: Long time reader here at BYC!

Plymrocker

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 21, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I've been wanting to get chickens for years, and was just waiting to get all of our ducks in a row, first! (That was said as the expression. We don't have any ducks. Yet. Ha haha.).
I've spent the last year reading a lot around here at BYC, and elsewhere all over the net, educating myself and preparing to get our chickens! The day finally came. We ordered 1 day old chicks and received them 6 weeks ago today. And YIKES, they are getting big in that brooder, and we're still building the coop! (It's looking magnificent though! ;) )

Other brief info on me: Married with 4 kids (17, 12, 12 and 12 years old, in a week or so), homeschoolers, professional photographer, and a blogger at wwwhouseofjoyfulnoise.com . In recent we've been embracing living more and more of a natural lifestyle. It just feels right to us. Getting chickens is one way I'm trying to pretend I live on a real farm. ;)

So I'm so ready to jump in with both feet around here!
Having a couple of technical issues already though. Hoping someone can advise me on?

1.) I am unable to load photos. I get: "Error param static Content Path is not a directory!"

2.) I'm also trying to edit my signature, and it says I do not have permission to do that. (?)

I'd love help with those, because I've got a couple questions that require photo-sharing, already!
Very much looking forward to actually particpating around here, and making new friends!
Thanks for having me!

Plymrocker / Laura

welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you with us!

i have noticed a few glitches and bumps lately. slow to load and hard to navigate. but i am sure it will be hammered out soon. glad your on here, be patient and i am sure lots will help with answers to your questions

Alright, thanks for letting me know that it's a site wide issue.
I was beginning to wonder if it was because I was a "New Egg". lol. (I love that!)

- Plymrocker / Laura

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your coop finished. What kind of chickens did you get?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Yes, lots of issues here on BYC this past week. The behind the scenes gremlins are hard at work as we speak to fix things!

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom