just lost one :(

halfwaynowhere

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
La Puente, CA
My little brahma chick didn't make it... she just stopped thriving, and over the course of a few hours, stopped eating and drinking, and got really weak. I got home from work right as my mom was getting home from the feed store. She was trying to pull a switcheroo, replacing the dying chick with a live one... I know that sometimes some just don't make it, but she was my favorite. The other two, as well as the new brahma, are all very healthy and alert, eating and drinking normally. This one was always a bit smaller than the EE who I think was hatched the same day. As soon as I got home from work, I tried helping her out, dipped her beak in sugar water, and she had a few sips, but it was too late for her... She died in my hand, while I was trying to decide whether to cull or let things happen naturally. I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision, and that she didn't suffer for very long. Poor little baby.

hugs.gif
I'm sorry about your little one.

I'm sorry. It always makes me so sad to hear when that happens but I guess it is natural, some just don't make it.

Back
Top Bottom