Just need to vent! (horse related)

Quote:
if you seen the shape of the stall area you'd prob laugh at me. LoL! I'm gonna do it though, I'm willing to work my tail off to have this happen. I will also take before and after pics, it's always fun to see them!

Before and after pics are always interesting!
smile.png

I'm so glad you guys sat down and talked things out. And I'm even happier to hear that he is going to support you, to an extent you are both comfortable with no less, with your goal. That's really just awesome to hear, and probably a huge relief for you as well.

And no need to give out your finances or horse credentials! I think both horse care and money entered in because they are definitely both a possible point of contention in a situation like this, and can potentially be very relevant. Glad to hear that neither are an issue, but definitely good to bring it up in a topic where they might be, I think.
thumbsup.gif

So glad to see that things are working out for you and that your making the strides necessary to get your dream off and running. I hope it works out for you to get these 2 mares you mentioned if they are what you really want, but if they aren't or it doesn't at the very least your husband is now aware that your serious about wanting a horse or horses, and while he has stated that he doesn't want it to be his daily job to take care of them I never saw you mention that it would, you plainly stated he didn't like them and they where your dream.

But he has agreed to help with the cleaning up of the barn, so thats a start, and while he may never come to love horses as you do, I think once you get them you will most likely see a difference in his opinion concerning them and he might possibly even really start to enjoy them, thats my wish for you and your husband anyway.

Good luck, and best wishes.

Quote:
I gotta say this whole thread turned so negative that it really saddened me. I'm glad I never talked to some of these folks before I bought my own first horse all those years ago. If I had, I might have missed the entire lifetime of happiness that my crew has given me.

Just a few miles down the road from me there used to be a little town. After last Wednesday's tornadoes, all that is left is a pile of rubble. Which is just to say that you never know how things are gonna turn out. It is VERY easy to waste your life fearful over what MIGHT happen and thereby miss out on all the good stuff that CAN happen. Yes, it may all get turned into a pile of rubble in the end, but at least you get the years of happiness first IF you don't let all the naysayers scare you off from trying in the first place. Enjoy your dream...savor every moment of it...and don't let other people's fears stop you from trying in the first place. After all, fun is in the doing!

JMO

Rusty

Quote:
if you seen the shape of the stall area you'd prob laugh at me. LoL! I'm gonna do it though, I'm willing to work my tail off to have this happen. I will also take before and after pics, it's always fun to see them!

I am so happy you guys talked. My husband grew to love the horses I brought into our marriage and enjoys being present when the foals are born. I am sure he'll grow into it, and even if he doesn't I am sure he will realize how happy they make you. Good luck and have fun working on the barn!!!

marriage is supposed to be a partnership each person should support the others hobbies and dreams. My DH knows my dream is to own a farm/ranch, which will include many animals. He also shares the dream just not all the animals part. But he supports my hobbies and I support his. That is what marriage is about. I saw some of these post it seemed like the OP was getting treated like a child who knew nothing about horses it sounds like she grew up with them and understands their needs. My DH never would tell me no you can not get vet care for one of my animals even if I don't work right now that is not a marriage to me. I am glad that the OP and her DH worked this out. Good luck and I hope you have your horses soon.

Back
Top Bottom