Just one egg?

Maiziedaizy

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2016
Bountiful, Utah
I'm new to raising chickens. I raised mine from day old chicks. I have a Black Copper Marans that laid her first beautiful chocolate brown egg 18 days ago and then nothing? I was trying not to stress too much about it, thinking that maybe that was normal until my blue/wheaten Ameraucana started laying daily. No in-between time. Should I be worrying? Could something be wrong?

Do you think that she may be laying outside the coop? New layers can take a while to sort out their plumbing, so I would not worry too much.

Ct

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on those first eggs :clap I too agree that it can sometimes take a while for them to become regular layers. I had a pullet that laid her first egg and then nothing for three weeks. Once she had got her laying machine in order all was fine with regular eggs. Each bird is individual and will start when they are ready.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Thanks so much! I will try to keep calm
1f60a.png
. I really do love my chickens, they are one of my favorite parts of the day! We have been checking for eggs everywhere just to make sure. Maybe today will be the day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom