Just one friend...

kargo

Songster
10 Years
May 8, 2009
I remember, one of the first days of school this year, I just prayed silently to God, while sobbing, "Just one. Please. That's all I want. Just one friend." Well, I got her. I got two, actually. One of them, though, has a language barrier and it is very hard. Someday, though, we will be really close.

The other one came over to my house today. We had a blast. We just did reandom stuff. It was great. It was the first time I've had a friend over to my house since elementary school, and I'm now in high school. She even promised me that she won't randomly abandon me like every other friend I've ever had. (Yes, I have abandonment issues.) We even chattered excitedly about my birthday next month. We're thinking about a sleepover. I forgot how nice it was to have such a special friend. Even the little things amaze me.

good luck!
love.gif

Congrats Kargo! It is SO special to have a great friendship with a kindred spirit! Be kind to each other, and NEVER loose touch. High school is such a great time in your life, and there's lots going on. My best friend and I have kept in touch and here we are almost ten years after high school... and we're still the best of friends. We're both so busy, but we know that we're both still thinking of each other and EVERY chance we get we at least make a phone call. Cherish these times, take lots of pictures, and make LOTS of fun memories! I'm very happy for you
clap.gif

Thank you. I'm really excited. I've never had good luck with friends. (Hence why I'm friend with like every one of my teachers. I even got sent to the secretary's office with a confidential letter for the principal the other day.
big_smile.png
)
1st best friend-I moved schools and we lost touch.
2nd best friend-Decided one day that he didn't want to hang out and told me to go awa. Never talked to me again. (Someone told me that he was dared. I can't be positive that is what happened, though.)
3rd best friend-She has a whole bunch of truggles. t was an on/off teenager thing. About a week after my dad passed away, she quit talking to me and she hardly knows I exist now.

So, yeah...I have serioous friend problems. I really hope this one works out. I like her a lot. She''s really nice. It's funny, though. I can feel myself trying to make friends with teachers all the time. I don't know. I guess it's because they're more mature than my classmates, but I love to hang out with teachers and just be casual.

Aww, that's sweet.
smile.png
Congratulations! I know how you feel, I have trouble with friendships too.
smile.png
Once you find that special one though, it will last forever! I didn't find mine until I was 18 and now he's my hubbie!
love.gif

How wonderful.

Cherish the friendship as it is now. Nurture it.

If you are abandoned... they will be the one who will lacking.

Congrats Kargo
smile.png
Don't worry about the language barrier part. I grew up in the military and when we traveled I had friends who didn't speak english at all. We got along just fine. You will eventually teach each other how to speak your languages, and get around it. It will be a skill that stays with you for the rest of your life.

I also had a best friend who was deaf. I went to the library ( no internet then) and taught myself how to sign the alphabet, and we communicated that way for a little bit. Then she taught me the rest. When we both ended up in the same classes in college, I took notes for her during class. The teachers always forgot she was there, and turned their back. She could read lips, but not when they turned away.

To this day, I still know, and can communicate in sign language. It's a skill I cherish, and it came from a best friend
smile.png

Bluemoon

Last edited:
Friendship is a wonderful thing! I saw my best friend from high school in August! It was like we were never seperated for 14 years! I love her more than half my siblings! Thats how tight you become over the years! Treasure and nurture it....it will grow!

That is great! I am so excited for you.
hugs.gif
A sleepover sounds like a lot of fun. I was thinking of letting my 14 yo dd have one over Fall Break. I used to love that when I was her age.
clap.gif

Glad you are starting to open up and share things. It's the best way to make friends...sharing. Even if it's painful.
hugs.gif
The language barrier won't matter. You'll figure it out.
thumbsup.gif

Shelly

That's a prayer I say for my son. Just one friend. the first year we moved here, he made friends with most of the boys in his class. by the end of the year, three remained. The next year -none. And this year -none.

My son is in grade 8 this year. I'm hoping highschool at least brings him one friend.

He is ok with not having friends, as there is alot to do around here on the farm, but I hurt for him.

I truly hope your friendships continue to grow. Friendships are important.

I'm happy for you!!

Back
Top Bottom